Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The National Park Tour!!

It's been a while since I have given my last whereabouts but i'm back!! Let me just start by saying that no pictures can do justice to what I have seen and the places I have been since Northern Michigan....I flew back to Denver where I picked up my car and put in a days worth of work at the "Sideways" House, Kate and John's new project in Golden, and Hung out with Mary and the Kiddos in Aurora!! Upon leaving I didn't make it very far down I-70 before I stopped for the night in Minturn to Spend a night of drinking margaritas in great company, below is a picture of the morning after feeling really Great!!

Next stop Moab and Arches National Park where the average temperature everyday was a nice 110 degrees, so all of my biking and hiking was done in the early morning or early evening to avoid passing out!



I needed to get some swimming in so what better place to head than Lake Powell, the very Southern part at that. There was plenty of cliff jumping and swimming to be done in this massive body of water!



Next Stop Zion National Park in Southern Utah...A place I had been when I was about 12 years old and didn't quite grasp the awesomeness of it all. Camping on Forest Service land is the way to go, you meet some real interesting folks and don't have to pay for a place to rest your head. One of the most exciting and beautiful hikes I have ever done, more like wading and swimming with a little bit of hiking...The Narrows, check it out!!




Last but not least the Biggest Canyon of them all...The North and South Rim of the Grand Canyon!! It's so called Monsoon Season in the Grand Canyon, whatever the hell Monsoon season is in the middle of Arizona, I was right in the middle of it, but it made for some pretty epic photos!



No comments:

Post a Comment