Sunday, June 27, 2010

The River Will Miss You!!

Well my trip to Riggins was a great one, a little emotional but I feel so much better after having been there and spending time with such an amazing family!! I hadn't really spoken to or seen the family since Tom's Accident and I wasn't quite sure I was going to be able to handle it. The river's were running a little to high to do much rafting but that will come later in the summer when I head back in August. I still got a great hike in with Larry and the dogs, and a nice long bike ride and a few very nice dinners with Martha, Larry and Sherry. Sherry was nice enough to let me stay with her, provide a bed and a couple of showers, all of the above I was much in need of.

Above is one of my favorite pictures of Tom from last years rafting trip, showing off his artwork on my PFD. The river's will miss one of the most knowledgeable guys I ever knew!!

Bison crossing in front of my car leaving Riggins,ID heading to Bend, OR

Entering into Bend and seeing the Cascade Mountain Range pop into view in front of me, I knew I had done enough driving for one day. I am that much closer to the coast...

No comments:

Post a Comment